Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Study Abroad Year Report

Hello and welcome to my Study Abroad Year Report!

Here I hope to share with you my experiences as an exchange student from University College London (UCL) studying for a year at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). In doing so I aim to provide a critical academic reflection of the discipline of Geography as it is taught at both my home and host universities, seeking to prove that an additional 'A' is not all that separates the two. I will do this by exploring and comparing the contents of my classes and the ways in which they are taught and assessed.

Alongside I also plan to document and discuss my experiences of American university life, Los Angeles and more generally the USA. I will do this by exploring, from a geographical perspective, themes and topics ranging from transport to campus life to commodification and much more.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment